Thursday 27 August 2009

Welcome to Cape Town

Africa - here we come! We are here safely in South Africa. We saw a few whales of the coast of Hermanus - Ajay and the kids have gone to look for more.

The last few weeks have been somewhat intense - although all relative in the grand scheme of life. Anyway, the kids and Ajay are all delighted at touching down and calming down for a while. You can see the pressure is off the kids. The boys and I sat down to play Scrabble last night, and want to play again tonight. I'm amazed!

It still hasn't hit me - I think in hindsight, this has all happened very quickly. From concept to take-off, a mere 10-12 weeks. And Channel 4 only confirmed a little more than 10 days before arriving. So now wonder we're feeling a little shell-shocked!

Anyway - we're well and happy. Will walk, eat, sleep, talk and plan over the next 2 or 3 weeks. Keep in touch!



Windows Live Messenger: Thanks for 10 great years-enjoy free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you've arrived in one piece (or 5 pieces as it were). Also glad that I've finally found your blog so that I can keep track of it.