Friday 16 October 2009

Nearly ... nearly!

Going. Nearly going! Well … nearly!

No big disaster. Getting ready for 10 months just takes time. Some things taking longer – but no different to any country. And actually, SA may be even quicker as I don't think we're really breaking new ground here. All the time, I'm hearing about this man, or that couple who cycle through Africa by bike, so this should be a breeze! We did our 2 day trial run. The Eeziawn roof tent can be put up by the kids in minutes – a very pleasing simple design. The other tent was supplied with walls, but no roof/awning! Also, a few other essentials that need attention, so it was well worth a trial run. Now I'm trying to cram in a few last minute essentials and hoping to leave on Sunday …. Monday? I think the gravitational southward pull must be stronger here, because it feels hard to leave! We received some Swarovski Binoculars. Not being real 'spotters', I'm interested to see if we get converted to using them. Of course there are lots of things I'm worried about: personally I'm concerned about what to do if the children get ill, or we get bitten by snakes of scorpions. But the weather is clear and fine and we are in good spirits. The camera crew arrived a few days ago, and as it turns out will be with us through most of Namibia until we arrive at Windhoek and work with MaryBeth. Oh – I keep promising I'll get better at blogging. Partly – I am so busy. Just now, the kids have been waiting in the café for over an hour. I've said goodbye to mum and Nancy on skype. All the time, there is something pressing for attention. Ajay and Asher are working on the car … again. And also, I'm just struggling for mental space to write as well. But will keep trying! And yes … I can hear you – photos coming!!!



Stay in touch with your friends through Messenger on your mobile. Learn more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Being a traveler takes a surprising amount of time. Something you don't quite realize until you are on the road.

Unknown said...

Hi Ajay and Rosanna Asher, Eden and Portia, I have enjoyed reading about your exciting adventure so far. A few folks at chuch have not been able to get on so I have sent Peter the address so hopefully we will all be praying for you more knowledgeably. Started the forty days of purpose today. Looking forward to the Lord leading me on my journey and where he will take the church. Love you lots

Liz X