Tuesday 8 June 2010

Sudan

Well, I love Sudan. More accurately, I love the Sudanese people. They are so curteous, polite, warm hearted and generous … and straight forward. I can't imagine a nicer capital. We have been so well treated. But – it is hot. I left a bottle of water out at 6pm, and an hour later it was too hot to put my hand in. This is the first country where it's been uncomfortably hot in both the day and the night. We are staying at the Blue Nile Sailing Club which is a dust bowl next to the Nile in the centre of the city, but also draws a range of interesting characters from Khartoum's elite. We have secured our three day transit visa through Saudi Arabia, and after snorkeling in the Red Sea off Sudan coast, we'll head off in the sun set on a ferry, and will be in Jordan within a few days. Africa over! How weird.



Get a free e-mail account with Hotmail. Sign-up now.

No comments: